When in doubt, go to the library

So today I got the chance to do something that I haven't gotten to do since I graduated last May, which is quite sad in many different ways.  I came home with an impressive haul:


Geek High by Piper Banks
Triple Shot Bettys in Love by Jody Gehrman
Belle of the Brawl: An Alphas Novel by Lisi Harrison
How They Met and Other Stories by David Levithan
Confessions of a Serial Kisser by Wendilen van Draanen
Ten Things I Hate About Me by Randa Abdel-Fattah
Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess' Stardust (graphic novel adaptation of the fantasy novel; words by Gaiman, illustrations by Vess)


What a list!  We have some must-reads, some sequels, and a modern fantasy classic.  I've seen Geek High and Belle of the Brawl nearly every time I've gone to the bookstore lately, and I've had my eye on How They Met for years now.  Ten Things appears to deal with the heavy issue of religion, in particular the Muslim faith, which is a perspective rarely seen (by me, at least) among the YA section.  Triple Shot Bettys is the sequel to a favorite of mine.  Confessions seems to be girly fluff, but I'm not adverse to that.  I have around a month to finish these books - I know I can do it, I just need to remember to stay on top of posting reviews.

Comments

Popular Posts