Happy (burp) Thanksgiving

Got back from the grandparents' house with a full stomach and sleepy eyes.  Grandma was good enough to loan me a few of her books (I guess it's become kind of a tradition, as it's been going on for a couple years).  The kinds of books that excite her interest don't always have the same effect on me, but I'm far too curious to turn up my nose at them.  It helps that in the past, a couple of her recommendations have enriched my reading history.


Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani
Big Cherry Holler by Adriana Trigiani
Milk Glass Moon by Adriana Trigiani
Jackdaws by Ken Follett
World Without End by Ken Follett


I've read The Pillars of the Earth before, so I'm happy to be reading its sequel.  Jackdaws takes place during World War II and boasts a large female cast, two huge selling points for me.  The Big Stone Gap trilogy appeals to Grandma largely because of its portrayal of a small Southern town and what I imagine to be gentle humor.  But we shall see.

Comments

Popular Posts