There's no time to waste! After poring over every nook and cranny of my library, I've escaped with some old friends as well as new ones. My ongoing plan to seek out more fiction is still a success.

Evidence for this includes:

How to Buy a Love of Reading by Tanya Egan Gibson

Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
Alice in Charge by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Incredibly Alice by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Alice on Board by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Afterparty by Ann Redisch Stampler
Zot! by Scott McCloud

Holy genre-bending, Batman! I've really tried to push myself with this list. I'll be tackling Pynchon for the second time in my life and Rowling for the eighth. Finding the Alice books in a sea of sci-fi dystopian romance novels and old Meg Cabot books was huge for me. I may review the three of them together, as Naylor's books are being published in threes. Afterparty sounds like a dark coming-of-age story that subverts the consequence-free Gossip Girl ilk. Gibson's novel caught my eye because I like the idea of reading about a teen character in an adult fiction novel, rather than a YA one. And Zot! was a last-minute choice; I recognize the author, whose graphic essay on comic book art I still read, and decided to get some insight on Scott McCloud the creator. 

Tall order, but I'm ready.

Comments

Popular Posts