I finally have my own library card

I lost my old one years ago. I had been bitter about some R.L. Stine paperbacks that I was erroneously charged as owing to the library. (By that time, I'd outgrown the gimmicky horror series, but the librarians didn't believe me.) Luckily, the charges are no longer on my account, as I (finally) officially report my old card as "lost." So yes, boys and girls, you can cheat the system!

As you can imagine, I went a little wild. I stuck mainly with YA stuff, as I feel like I haven't paid enough attention to that genre lately. But there's a few random titles in the mix as well.

The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder [2011]
Specials by Scott Westerfeld [2006]
Extras by Scott Westerfeld [2007]
Linger by Maggie Stiefvater [2010] (audiobook)
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater [2011] (audiobook)
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling [2011]
Prom & Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg [2011]
Masquerade: a Blue Bloods Novel by Melissa de la Cruz [2007]
The Survival Kit by Donna Freitas [2011]
Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer [2012]
Waiting For You by Susane Colasanti [2009]

Graphic novel edition:
Daytripper by Fabio Moon & Gabriel Ba [2011]
Rose Red: Fables vol. 15 by Bill Willingham et al [2011]
Super Team: Fables vol. 16 by Bill Willingham el al [2011]

For those of you following along at home, there are a couple of themes to this particular list. First, I am happy to have found so many sequels in series that I've been hoping to finish or continue. I just finished reading Pretties, the second in the Uglies "trilogy," the review of which I will post later today. I was tickled to find the rest of the Shiver books on audiobook, as that was how I experienced the prequel. The other theme is that I picked out books that are newer than what I usually get, many having been published only last year. I tried, as I always do, to go out of my comfort zone - for example, Miracles, Daytripper, and Survival Kit deal with death and uncertainty.

I put the graphic novels in their own category because I'm not sure if I'm going to review them. I may very well do a retrospective for the Fables series, as I've been reading it for going on five years now. I don't know if it'll be a review or not. I'll test the waters with Daytripper, but who knows?

Comments

Popular Posts