Tiding myself over: a book list

I am still around and having a great time adjusting to the life of a part-time job and trying to stay connected to people. But that hasn't extended to staying connected with the blog, which sucks. However, despite appearances, I am still reading (and writing!) when I get moments to myself. Right now I am negotiating my way through Unaccustomed Earth and Anna Karenina, the latter of which essentially reminded me to recharge my Kindle. 

That's right - I have a Kindle. So, of course, with this new and easy technology at my fingertips, I buy books. The real, tangible kind, with paper and all that stuff. Because being a reader means being contrary, and disposable income + an easily accessible Barnes & Noble = absolutely necessary literary purchases that I can't pass up. 

But this list will include past purchases as well, titles that I have not mentioned but which I still intend to read. So consider this post a freewheeling bit of bookkeeping (oh, God, no pun intended).

Writing Movies for Fun and Profit by Robert Ben Garant & Thomas Lennon - I've been meaning to buy this book ever since it came out. Not that I have any interest in writing films, but I've admired Lennon for years and knowing that he helped pen such monstrosities as Herbie: Fully Loaded ... yikes. Let's just say that I am intrigued.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - I gave in, okay? I've been watching a lot of Vlogbrothers lately - sue me.

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick - I've actually already read this a few years ago for a class, but a couple nights ago I had the extraordinary luck of meeting the author and getting an autograph. If I ever do a post about Andrew Clements, I will heartily include a review on this.

An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin - partly mostly because of the big name. But I also liked the summary. It's something new, at least, and Martin has quite a few talents outside of comedy and acting.

Fairest: Wide Awake [a Fables tie-in] by Bill Willingham et al - I already read this. Like, in less than an hour after I came home. I really should do a post on Fables, shouldn't I?

Comments

Popular Posts